Monday, March 26, 2012

Decision to not seek re-election

03/26/2012

From the desk of Michelle Klein-Hass, Center-East Renter Representative, Panorama City Neighborhood Council.

I first was a part of the then-forming Panorama City Neighborhood Council in 2004. I had just started going back to school, and I felt that it would be a plus to be politically engaged while I had the time to do so.

For the past 8 years I've been a part of this council, from being a member of the Interim Board of Directors, to being an alternate to the certified Panorama City Neighborhood Council board, to where I am now as the renter representative for Panorama City from Roscoe Blvd on the south, Van Nuys Blvd. on the west, Woodman Avenue on the east, and Nordhoff Blvd. on the north. I now feel it's time for me to step aside and let someone else get a chance on the board.

I will not be a stranger: I will serve out my term gracefully, and I will be a part of the Election Committee to insure we have a fair, free and functional election this year. But I will not seek re-election. It's time to bring in new people with fresh ideas. I want the freedom to be able to continue my new work as a documentary filmmaker and video editor.

Thank you, Panorama City. Thank you, PCNC.

Sincerely,
Michelle Klein-Hass
Center-East Renter Representative (Term expires 2012)
Panorama City Neighborhood Council.

No comments: